Fighting for Springfield Clients Both in and out of the Courtroom
I am a litigation attorney, or, in layman’s terms, a fighter. I spend the majority of my time and energy in court fighting to protect the legal rights of my clients. I like to think of the courtroom as a sacred arena where important issues are challenged, defended, and decided. Civil rights, property rights, and personal freedoms, things many of us take for granted, are routinely denied to others. Only a court of law can restore the balance between the rights afforded to all citizens and the injustices perpetrated on them when their rights are violated.
The outcome depends on one factor: which legal team correctly interpreted and convincingly presented the facts of the case? I have a proud history of doing exactly this for my clients, and I hope you will trust me to do the same for you. I have committed my work to pursuing justice for my clients in numerous areas of the law and have become known for being a compassionate advocate in addition to a fierce litigator. I want my clients to know they can trust me, so I take the time to listen to their stories, determine how I can help win their case, and stop at nothing to fight for their rights.
I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, from the University of Massachusetts before earning my Juris Doctor from the University of Connecticut. I have served as both a former public defender and former assistant district attorney, giving me an unparalleled understanding of the legal profession.
I practice litigation in the following areas:
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Business Law
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes
Some of my other memberships, associations, and achievements include:
- University of Connecticut School of Law - Juris Doctorate
- University of Massachusetts - Bachelor of Arts
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Hampden County Bar Association
- Founding Member, Black Men of Greater Springfield
- Founding Member, Volunteers Organized to Initiate Community Enterprises and Services (VOICES)
- Director, Oak Grove Cemetery
- Community Activist
- Former Assistant District Attorney
- Former Public Defender
- Retired Business Executive
- Product of Springfield Public Schools
- Original Member of Elegant Eight