Helping Massachusetts Clients Start, Grow, and Protect Their Businesses
Building a business can be challenging, especially without help. Many business owners have great ides but are not sure how to formally organize or legally protect themselves. Others have the basic groundwork but are struggling to grow. And some have built robust businesses that are now in the position of needing legal advocacy to protect their interests.
Regardless of your situation, our Springfield business lawyers at Hare, Stamm, Harris & O’Connor, PLLC, are prepared and equipped to help. We have substantial experience in numerous areas of business law. Our attorneys can assist you regardless of your venture or legal issue.
Our legal team can assist you in areas of business formation, contracts, litigation, and more. We are also able to assist with business hardships developed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand that your business is your livelihood. We will do everything to protect and honor what you have worked so hard to build.
Business Contract Services
Beyond your products and services, most companies are built on a network of legal agreements. These agreements connect employees, suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, financiers, and other vendors. Legally enforceable agreements help define the terms and obligations of your relationship with each party. They also proactively work to prevent and protect yourself from disputes.
The consequences of failing to properly draft, review, and maintain contracts can be immense. Without a contract specifying the details, you may only have limited recourse in pursuing damages. For example, failing to use and maintain non-disclosure agreements could lead to trade secrets escaping the safety of your company.
Some of the contract categories that may be relevant to your business include:
- Employment contracts – Defines the relationship and obligations between the company and employee. These include terms regulating noncompete, non-disclosure, or dispute resolution agreements.
- Business governing contracts – Often documented when a business is formally created, these contracts define the infrastructure of your company. This includes its mechanisms for selecting leadership and obligations to shareholders
- Real estate agreements – The lease, rental agreement, mortgage, or other type of agreement used to secure your company property.
- Third-party contracts – Defines the terms of your company’s relationship with a vendor, individual, or another third-party.
- Purchase or sale agreements – Defines the terms of an acquisition or sale of a company’s assets.
It is always wise to retain the services of a qualified attorney who can draft sound language that protects all parties. Our legal team can help draft or review the legal agreements your company needs. We can also assist you with proposing new agreements to a vendor.
Helping Businesses During the COVID-19 Pandemic & Beyond
Our firm has a proud history of supporting small businesses in Springfield . However, we are conscientious of the COVID-19 pandemic’s adverse impact on businesses of all levels. Our lawyers are prepared to help if your business is struggling with the economic fallout. We can work to keep your company solvent, safe, and thriving, now and well into the future.
Retain the legal services of a qualified lawyer. Call us at 413-707-2753 or contact us online to schedule your consultation.